JPG or JPEG is a common and widely used file format for storing digital images. It is so common that the image you have on your phone or computer has the .jpg or .jpeg extension. The advantage of JPGs is that they are smaller in size, therefore, are transmitted, and viewed with ease. On the other hand, a video is a collection of digital, moving, visual images; note that a video is actually a collection of multiple frames/images in a continuous sequence at a high frame rate.
At one point or another, you may or have already come across a video that you wish to grab a specific special moment from and save in the form of an image. While this process can be a hassle to many users, this article delves into this matter to let you in on programs that can help you extract images from a video conveniently.
The best video to JPG converter is proficient enough to ensure that you have a satisfactory video JPG conversion experience as the core function, with simplicity, efficiency, and high-quality images as output. Here are some of the top apps you can get started with on Mac or Windows platforms.
5 Great Video to JPG Converters on Windows & Mac – Free Download
Software Name Supported OS Offline Version Download Link Windows/Mac Free Trial Free Download Windows/Mac Free Version Free Download Windows/Mac Free Trial Free Download Windows Free Version Free Download Windows Full Version Free Download
As one of the best video to JPG converter software, VideoProc brings you the following amazing features;
- Let you extract images from video files no matter the size or resolution including 4K, Full HD 1080p, HD 720p, DVDs, etc.
- Provides a tool to download videos with, in the instance, the source video lives online.
- Grabs images from any video fast without any compromise on the quality.
- Boasts of Level-3 hardware-accelerated processing which makes the video to image process take way much less time.
- Offers some video editing options to help you tweak/enhance the final image like cropping.
- Lets you make animated GIFs from the images you extract hassle-free.
- You have a watermark feature at your disposal to help personalize the captured video frames.
- Apart from JPG, you also get to save in other image formats like TIFF, PNG, among others.
- When the need arises, you can extract frames from video files conveniently using the batch mode.
VirtualDub is a video to JPG converter program that is exclusive to the Windows platform and brings the following under its arms;
- Supports common formats like MP4/MOV/AVI although the FFMpeg plugin is required for a comprehensive experience.
- Lets you adjust the source video, in terms of frame rate in order to help you grab the exact frame or snapshot of interest.
- Apart from frame rate conversion mode, you get the chance to undertake the normal video to JPG conversion in batches like for instance the numbers of pages.
- Offers a preview of the extracted JPG image even before you actually export it.
- Is a simple and straightforward app with no steep learning curve.
- Provides some editing options to help enhance the image further before sharing or archiving.
- Presents mouse and keyboard shortcuts that go a long way to guarantee faster operation.
- Offers real-time image denoising, resizing, and field swapping of the extracted images.
- Works pretty fast and still manages to deliver high-quality output
- Lets you extract images from a specified video section.
Adobe Premiere Pro champions the list of the best video to JPG programs by boasting of some of the much-coveted features including;
- Supports various output image formats on top of JPG including DPX, OpenEXR, PNG, Targa, and GIFF.
- You are opened up to ease of use and the ultimate efficiency.
- Lets you tinker with the image file size and compression levels as you prefer.
- Offers hotkeys to help you accomplish tasks even faster.
- Lets you extract single image frames or a series of them simultaneously using the batch conversion feature.
- For a precise image extraction process, you are opened to a timeline that you can use to navigate to the exact frame of interest.
- Offers presets so that you can jump right into the video to image process without the need to tinker with so many options.
- Can extract frames from a video at your quality level of choice.
- Offers a one-click export button besides letting you define a preferred resolution for the images to extract.
4). DVDVideoSoft Free Video to JPG Converter
DVDVideoSoft Free Video to JPG Converter delivers a plethora of goodies that culminate in a reliable and one of the top JPG converter software you can obtain. It opens you up to;
- An intuitive interface without ads or spyware, absolutely free.
- Lets you pick just the specific video frames you need to extract in image format.
- Makes it possible to perform video to JPG conversion at intervals; it can be in terms of time, the number of frames, or even a general random number of images.
- Offers after-action features like shutting down the computer automatically once the video to image process is completed.
- You get to extract frames from video files in bulk too, thanks to the batch convert feature.
- Supports all the version of Windows starting from XP SP3 to the latest iteration of Windows 10.
- Promises only high-quality images out of videos (MP4, MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc) at all times within the shortest time possible.
- Ensures that the extracted image files retain the original quality to the greatest extent.
5). MiniTool Video Converter
MiniTool Video Converter is one of the best video to JPG converter software that has a good share of amazing features as outlined below;
- Delivers a simple and instinctive user interface all for free.
- Lets you perform batch video to JPG conversion to save you a ton of time and effort.
- Does not include an intrusive watermark on the output image file.
- Supports a wide list of input video formats including 4K/FHD/HD MP4, WMV, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, TS, M4V, among others.
- Delivers images that share the same high-quality profile with the source video file.
- Offers a high-speed process to extract frames from video files while keeping the quality intact.
- Lets you download videos from supported websites and later helps you extract needed images from the same videos.
- Apart from top quality images, obtaining high-quality audio from videos is flawless.
- Lets you pick a preferred directory to save the output image files for easy management.
The best video to JPG converter will make the process of extracting a still frame from a video become a routine task that takes less time and effort.
Fortunately, you have a boatload of handpicked programs here that guarantee smooth sailing. Brace yourself for speed, intuitiveness, ease of use, and high-quality frames from any video file. Do you feel there is a program you use that we have left out? Do not hesitate to let us know in the comment section.