An online video converter is a tool or service hosted online that helps you convert videos from one format to another without the need to install complex software. The main benefit of an online video converter is that it gives you the flexibility of converting videos from just any device or platform, with a huge emphasis on portability. Also, you need not have a powerful computer or device to handle conversions since all the processing is done on an online server.
A good online video converter allows you to convert both local and online video files for an all-in-one experience. Besides, it is in your best interest to go for a tool that supports a wide array of web browsers like Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and more to guarantee service accessibility. Below, we have outlined some of the best online video converters.
6 Great Online Video Converter Apps – Free Access
OnlineVideoConverter is the best online tool to convert videos as it presents two conversion modes. The first mode helps you convert videos by adding direct video URLs from online portals like YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo. The other mode allows you to upload and convert local video files like AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, MKV, WebM, and more.
Even better, OVC allows you to carry out an unlimited number of online conversion and download tasks. The only downside is that you will experience on-click ads when using some of the menus and buttons which can be a real bummer.
- It helps you convert supported video formats into various formats like MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, M4A, FLAC, WAV, MP4, and AVI.
- It is compatible with all web browsers to ensure you can convert videos from just any device.
- It allows you to select your preferred video resolution (HD 1080p, HD 720P, 480P, 360P, 240P) and audio bitrate (64-320kbps).
- You can convert a section of the video when it is unnecessary to convert the entire video file.
- It allows you to convert videos online without the need for registration.
Kapwing offers a free online video conversion tool for transforming MP4 clips into other formats like MP3, GIF, MP4, or JPG. What makes this online app special is that it presents a comprehensive timeline-based video editor to help you refine your conversion to the smallest bit. Whether you want to trim, merge, crop, and resize your videos before conversion, Kapwing gives you all that without installing any program.
You can as well add music, text, animations, and transitions to your clips before exporting. Apart from uploading the video to convert, you are free to add a clip by pasting the direct URL in case the file is saved online.
- It allows you to convert videos on the web without any form of intrusive ads or watermarks on the output.
- It boasts a unique Smart Cut feature that automatically detects and removes silent parts in a video.
- It allows you to convert video formats like FLV, WMV, AVI, WebM, MOV, 3GP, and more.
- You can pick your preferred video quality (Standard 720P, High 1080P+) and output size (1:1, 9:16, 4:5, 5:4, or custom).
CloudConvert is a fully-fledged online video converter that gives you 100% control over the output resolution (video), quality, and overall file size. By default, this MP4 converter tool will retain the original video resolution, although you can still set a custom one or pick one of the presets from 240P all the way to 4K. Depending on the target screen, you can tweak the aspect ratio to the likes of 4:3, 14:9, or 16:9.
When you are not converting video to video, this top online tool is an avid audio converter and allows you to set your preferred audio codec, bitrate, channels (mono, stereo), volume, and sample rate.
- It supports over 200 formats and allows you to tailor the online conversion process to suit your specific needs via custom video and audio settings.
- It allows you to pick a start time and end time as a way to trim a lengthy video.
- It helps you convert videos and hardcode or softcode subtitles when necessary.
- It allows you to convert videos from direct URLs or cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- It helps you convert videos files and include subtitles.
Zamzar is one of the simplest online video converter tools that allows you to convert videos in just three steps. All you have to do is add the video file, choose an output format, and start the conversion process. It allows you to convert videos from the local storage, from a direct URL, or from one of the integrated Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox cloud services.
Moreover, this online video converter presents a unique feature where you can submit your email so that you are notified once the conversion process is completed. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of options here except that you can choose from a variety of video and audio formats like MP4, MKV, WebM, 3GP, AVI, MOV, MP3, WAV, and more.
- It allows you to convert an unlimited number of videos from the web.
- You are provided with online storage to save the converted video files.
- Download speeds for the converted files are super fast.
- It supports concurrent conversions, though limited based on your subscription plan.
- It allows you to compress AVI, MOV, and MP4 files online to reduce the size for use on devices that are limited storage-wise.
Convertio is a conglomerate of online tools that help you perform various tasks including online video conversion. Specifically, you get to convert to and from popular video formats like WMV, AVI, MP4, MOV, and more, all amounting to over 3000 conversions. Apart from the multiple conversions, this online tool allows you to resize videos based on the target device resolution like 2160P 4K UHD, 1440P 2K WQHD, 1080P Full HD, and even custom ones.
It also supports a wide array of codecs like H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-1/2/4, VP9, and XVID, to give you the freedom of tailoring the output to almost any device. In addition, this online video converter has a special option that optimizes videos for quick-start playback and is, therefore, suitable when you need videos for streaming.
- It offers a built-in online video cut option to help you convert specific sections of any video when necessary.
- In case your video is not properly oriented, you can rotate or flip it to fit your preferences.
- Depending on the target device, you can adjust the video frame rate up to 60FPS.
- It presents an online audio converter with the option to pick different audio channels like stereo 2.0, 2.1, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1, 7.1, and adjust the volume.
- It allows you to add multiple videos and convert them all at once.
Media.io, alias Online UniConverter, is a free online video converter that allows you to convert videos online without you worrying about watermarks or ads. It supports multiple formats like MOV, WAV, AVI, MP4, Android, and iPhone. Also, it works with popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on any device without limitations.
In addition, you are opened up to a Smart Fit default option that is optimized to give an output that balances quality and file size. And just like Zamzar, this online tool can be configured to notify you via email once conversion tasks are completed.
- It presents dedicated online MP4 converter and MP3 converter tools at your disposal.
- It allows you to directly convert videos from online portals like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- It helps you convert videos into animated GIFs when the need arises.
- It allows you to trim the videos online and tinker with various output parameters like encoder, resolution, bitrate, framerate, channels, and sample rate.
- It offers options to enhance videos by editing and reducing the video size through compression without quality loss.