An AAC to MP3 converter can be an online or offline tool that helps you convert/transform AAC audio files into MP3 format. ACC is an improved version of the MP3 format offering better sound quality, smaller file size, and more improvements. Despite this, however, AAC is not as widely supported by devices/platforms compared to MP3. Consequently, you are bound to encounter numerous situations where you need to convert AAC to MP3 to guarantee audio playback on your favorite devices or software.
Therefore, if you do not want compatibility issues when working with AAC files, like from Spotify or Apple Music, MP3 is the recommended format to export them to support platforms like Amazon Music. And luckily for you, this article outlines the best AAC to MP3 converters that guarantee a smooth sail in audio conversion.
6 Great AAC to MP3 Converter Software – Free Download
|Software Name||Supported OS||Version||Download Link|
|Windows||Full Version||Free Download|
|Windows, Mac||Free Trial||Free Download|
|Windows, Mac||Free Version||Free Download|
|Windows||Free Demo||Free Download|
|Web-based||Free Demo||Free Download|
|Web-based||Free Trial||Free Download|
#1. TalkHelper Video Converter (Recommended)
TalkHelper Video Converter is one of the leading media conversion tools and tops our list as the best AAC to MP3 converter software. The biggest strength of this program is that it presents no limitations in the number of AAC audio files you can convert per session, no matter the file size. In a situation where online converters limit you on the file size, this offline program is the perfect candidate to overcome that hurdle.
Another thing is that this free download tool is committed to fast AAC to MP3 conversion while keeping the original quality intact as much as possible. If you are after a specific quality level bitrate-wise, there are several presets depending on your needs.
- It supports customizable MP3 audio parameters like bitrate, sample rate, and channels.
- It allows you to convert AAC files into other audio formats like AC3, FLAC, M4A, OGG, WAV, WMA, and more.
- It offers a built-in media player to help you preview and ensure that you are converting the correct AAC audio files.
- It opens the output folder automatically to save you time locating the converted MP3 file.
Supported Platforms: Windows
Best for: Convert AAC to MP3 in high quality without limitations in file size or the number of files.
UniConverter is a powerful tool that offers a comprehensive way to convert AAC files into MP3 format offline. It is the go-to program wherever you need to combine multiple AAC files, before exporting them as a single MP3 file. It also integrates a downloader tool that comes in handy to grab online AAC files or videos containing AAC audio from sites like YouTube.
You can export the original audio quality or set Low/Medium/High Quality presets that translate to 128kbps, 256kbps, and 320kbps bitrates, respectively. Even better, you get access to a built-in media player to help preview the source AAC file and open the converted MP3 file without needing external tools.
- It boasts a video editor that comes in handy to cut out unwanted AAC audio portions and export the rest in MP3 format.
- An online version of this program is available for those who do not want to set up software on their devices.
- It integrates a DVD burner if you wish to create an audio CD from the converted MP3 files.
- It allows you to customize audio settings like channels, sample rate, and bitrate for a more personalized MP3 file.
- It supports hardware-accelerated conversions on compatible hardware to boost AAC to MP3 conversion speeds without compromising quality.
Supported Platforms: Windows and Mac
Best for: A fully-fledged AAC to MP3 converter backed by features like an audio trimmer, editor, merger, MP3 CD burner, and more.
#3. MediaHuman Audio Converter
MediaHuman Audio Converter is a minimalistic AAC to MP3 converter best suited for music conversion. Specifically, it helps you split audio tracks by CUE sheet with an option to search for MP3 disk covers from several internet services like DiscOgs, Last.fm, and Google Images. Apple enthusiasts will also love that this software can directly export AAC into MP3 files for iTunes or Music.app multimedia library.
We all like proper music organization, and this free download program will retain the original folder structure whenever you convert AAC audio folders. Even better, you can import an entire AAC iTunes playlist and convert it into MP3 format without the need to add each file individually.
- It can directly convert between lossless audio formats without intermediate conversion, like FLAC to Apple Lossless.
- It allows you to batch convert AAC to MP3 to help process multiple files fast.
- It permits you to extract MP3 audio from videos as well and not only from AAC files.
- It presents ready-to-use conversion presets on top of customizable audio parameters.
- It allows you to convert multiple AAC files and export them into a curated playlist.
Supported Platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux
Best for: A freeware AAC to MP3 converter to help you in comprehensive music conversion processes.
Freemake Audio Converter is a simple AAC to MP3 conversion tool that any user can get started with. It is characterized by well-thought presets that cut down the steps required for successful audio conversion. Past the presets, you can tailor the output MP3 files by editing the sample rate, channels, and bitrate parameter options for professional audio results.
When you have many AAC files to convert, calling the batch processing feature will save you a ton of time and effort. You are not only tied to MP3 format as you can convert AAC files into other formats like M4A, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG, and more. Besides, it allows you to convert and upload free music to iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- It allows you to join multiple AAC files before exporting them as a single MP3 file for endless playback.
- It helps you convert AAC audio files into MP3 for Apple’s iTunes library.
- It gives you a rough estimate of the expected output file size depending on the parameters you define
- It supports up to 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound for home theatre systems.
- It allows you to create AAC to MP3 conversion presets that fit your requirements.
Supported Platforms: Windows
Best for: A simple tool to help you convert offline AAC files into MP3 format besides options to merge multiple audio files.
Convertio is an entirely online AAC to MP3 converter that helps you turn AAC files into the MP3 format without the need to download or set up any extra software. In fact, all you need is a modern web browser and a good internet connection. The most outstanding feature is that it allows you to cut AAC files to export only the required audio portions in MP3 format and is suitable when creating ringtones for your phone.
Further, it allows you to set constant or variable bitrate options for the audio and helps you boost or lower the volume in the final MP3 file. As a result, you can normalize the output MP3 audio volume for an improved listening experience.
- It allows you to tweak the MP3 audio parameters like frequency, audio channels, and bitrate.
- Besides the local storage, it permits you to import and save audio files in the supported Dropbox and Google Drive cloud services.
- It supports batch AAC to MP3 processing to save you time and effort.
- It gives you a sneak peek of the expected size of the converted MP3 file.
- The converted files are deleted from the server after 24 hours for privacy purposes.
Supported Platforms: Web-based
Best for: A superb online AAC to MP3 converter tool featuring a built-in audio cutter, volume normalizer, and customizable parameters.
Zamzar is another online AAC to MP3 converter that, unlike Convertio, only takes three steps to complete the process. You simply need to upload the AAC file, select MP3 as the output audio format, and kickstart the conversion process. Apart from MP3, you can convert AAC into additional audio formats like AC3, FLAC, M4A, M4R, WAV, OGG, and more.
Even better, this online tool boasts batch processing capabilities that allow you to convert multiple AAC files into MP3 format, all at once, for an overly expedited process. The good thing is that there are no complex settings to adjust, and you can expect reliable output MP3 quality.
- It provides an API for developers who want to add AAC to MP3 conversion capabilities in their applications.
- It integrates several cloud services like Box, Google, Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive for quick AAC imports and MP3 file saving.
- It allows you to add your email to get notified once the AAC to MP3 conversion process is complete. This is useful, especially when working on multiple AAC files.
- It allows you to convert an unlimited number of AAC files into MP3 format if you do not exceed the 50MB file size limit. Converting larger files will require a subscription.
Supported Platforms: Web-based
Best for: A quick way to convert AAC format into high-quality MP3 files without installing software.
Using the best AAC to MP3 converter, you get to convert one or more AAC files to MP3 format conveniently. Some of these audio converters even allow you to export AAC into other audio formats like OGG, AIFF, FLAC, WMA, WAV, and more, besides adjusting audio parameters like sample rate, audio channels, and bitrate. After going through the above, pick the tool that laces your shoes best and use it for a smooth AAC to MP3 workflow.