SmallPDF is an online PDF converter app that, going by the name, is pretty minimalistic. The user experience has been taken a notch higher thanks to the overlay intuitive user interface that does not pose any hurdles getting around. This is on top of including an embedded OCR and the much-coveted drag-and-drop method of importing files when you do not want to rock the radius native method. It may be limited in functionality but that does not make it deliver anything less than the highest quality possible for the conversions you undertake.
In fact, you can rest assured that your conversions to and fro the PDF format will happen as expected and at the same time that your privacy and the security of your files is maintained thanks to the encrypted connections. Better yet, with an internet connection and a modern browser being the only prerequisites, you are not limited in regard to the device or platform you have access to.
Pros & Cons of SmallPDF
- Ease of use – Boasting a simple and intuitive user interface, getting around this web-based PDF converter is not complex at all.
- Online app – Being a web-based PDF converter means that you do not have to hassle setting up desktop software on your computer. At the same time, it can be accessed from any device or platform.
- Free service – Unlike other paid software, SmallPDF lets you achieve PDF conversion all for free without any hidden charges or ads.
- Features PDF compression – On top of being a good PDF converter software, SmallPDF goes the extra mile to feature file compression that is top-notch in a way that does not affect the quality of the output.
- Functionality is limited – As mentioned earlier, SmallPDF is minimalistic and this means that it has been stripped of many features that you would find in a desktop alternative.
- Internet-dependent – You cannot enjoy the PDF conversion process unless you are connected to a good internet connection to handle both uploads and downloads.
How to Use SmallPDF
Features of SmallPDF
- Cloud Hosted
- Monthly payment
- Annual Subscription
- Small Business
- Large Enterprises
- Medium Business