SimpleOCR is the one of the best tools with a good and simple OCR to use in PDF conversion. In fact, you will not be limited in any way regarding what you can achieve with this tool be it for personal, educational, or even commercial purposes. Adding that this software comes to you absolutely free makes things even better.
This app may be simple but that does not mean that it is not any powerful – it strives to retain the original formatting including multi-column layouts, poor quality images, non-standard fonts, and even poor color images all thanks to the built-in OCR feature.
SimpleOCR exposes a royalty-free OCR SDK to 3rd developers who can also take advantage of this program and intergrate into their own apps to provide the functionalities of converting scanned or image-based PDFs. We all love an efficient tool and SimpleOCR is not left behind here considering that tasks are completed fast within a matter of moments.
Pros & Cons of SimpleOCR
- Built-in OCR – As the name suggests, this is the main feature that this program boasts of and will be crucial to extract data from scanned PDFs.
- Spell checker – This will come in handy to help you correct any spelling mistakes in your processed files like in the case of converting scanned PDFs.
- Format retention – SimpleOCR takes a very accurate approach to the conversion process to make sure that the layout and formatting remain the same between the source and converted files.
- Free OCR SDK – This is a plus feature for developers who wish to implement the OCR in their apps without spending a single penny.
- No copy/paste option – While some tools will let you copy and paste specific data that you need, SimpleOCR can only export the whole PDF as it is.
- Struggles with handwriting – Even with the included OCR, this program encounters some inconsistencies with some handwriting.
How to Use SimpleOCR
Features of SimpleOCR
- One-time payment
- Small Business