Prism Video Converter, an NCH Software craft, is a comprehensive and stable multi-format video converter that proves quite easy to use. With it, you can convert and compress videos in a hassle-free process. Better yet, you are opened up to lightning-fast video conversion whereby the output is delivered quickly and at the highest quality possible.
Worry not when you have multiple file-formats to work on since you have the batch conversion feature at your beck and call. Better yet, if you are not looking for the main program, you can download a specific converter as a standalone app like for instance one that only converts MP4 to AVI, AVI to MP4, or VOB to MP4.
On top of popular video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, MPEG, WMV, and FLV, you get to convert videos or audio for specific devices like iPhones, iPods, iPads, PS4, Xbox, Android, PSP, PS Vita, Nintendo, just to mention a few. NCH Prism Plus can be run on either Windows or Mac and here are some of the pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of Prism Video Converter
- High performance – Videos are converted at high speeds and still have unaltered high quality.
- Multifunctional – You not only get convert videos with Prism Video Converter but also access video editing and compression features.
- Output tailoring – This NCH Software gives you total control over the output by letting you adjust parameters like the video resolution, codec, among other to personalize the output.
- Batch convert mode – To save on both time and effort, you have the option to convert multiple files simultaneously.
- Annoying popup – When running the free trial version, a constant popup will always show to check if you are commercializing the program and you have to keep clicking on the close button to exit it.
How to Use Prism Video Converter
Key Features in Prism Video Converter
In regards to key features, Prism Video Converter has the following to offer;
- Converts all videos with the DirectShow-based codec including MPG, MP4, AVI, VOB, WMV, AMV, FLV, 3GP, ASF, among others.
- Lets you set your preferred encoder rate different from the default one.
- Offers a preview feature to help to view the source videos and also look at how the output will look like after you have applied effects, edits, and settings.
- Lets you convert single files or multiple file-formats all at once thanks to the batch convert feature.
- Applies lossless encoding to video or audio conversion for that guaranteed quality retention.
- Offers some video editing features that come in handy to add effects, filters, watermarks, text overlays, trim, split, on top of the ability to adjust the video contrast, brightness.
- Converts DVD ISO files directly without the need to extract or copy them first.
- Helps to digitize DVDs by easily converting them at the click of a button.
- Lets you convert videos suitable for uploading on popular sites like YouTube.
- Able to shrink/compress videos in size including HD videos and still keep the original quality.
- Can tweak the video resolution and frame rate before conversion.
- Lets you specify a preferred size for the output files for instance if you need to meet a specific file size.
Prism Video Converter is an all-inclusive tool as evidenced by the huge list of supported input and output formats below.
3G2, 3GP, 3GPP, 4XM, AMV, ANM, APNG, ASF, AVI, AVS, BETHSOFT VID, BFI, BIK, CAVS, CDXL, DIVX, DSICIN, DTS, DTSHD, DV, EA, EA_CDATA, F4V, FFM, FILM_CPK, FILMSTRIP, FLC, FLIC, FLV, GXF, IDCIN, INGENIENT, IPMOVIE, ISO, IV8, IVF, JV, JVF, LIBNUT, LMLM4, LVF, LXF, M1V, M2T, M2TS, M2V, M4V, MGSTS, MKV, MJPEG, MJPG, MM, MOD, MOV, MPEGTS, MPEG STRAW, MPV, MP4, MPE, MPEG, MPEG1, MPG, MSNWCTCP, MTS, MV, MVE, MVI, MXG, NC, NUT, NUV, OGV, PAF, PMP, PPT, PPTX, PSX STR, PVA, R3D, RAWVIDEO, RDT, RL2, ROQ, RMVB, RPL, SDP, SDR2, SMK, SMUSH, SWF, THP, TIERTEX SEQ, TOD, TRP, TXD, VC1, VC1TEST, VIV, VMD, VOB, VRO, WC3MOVIE, WSVGA, WEBM, WMV, WTV, XVID, YOP
3GP, AMV, APNG, ASF, AVI, DV, F4V, FLV, GIF, JPG sequence, M1V, M2V, M2TS, MKV, MOV, MP3, MP4, MPG, MTS, OGV, PNG sequence, RM, SWF, WAV, WEBM, WMV, SWF, XVID
In order to make the most out of Prism Video Converter Free/Plus, here are the requirements to meet in regard to computer resources.
Supported Operating System
Windows: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista
Mac: Mac OS 10.5 or above
Intel Celeron 2.16 GHz
At least 1 GB
At least 100 MB
16 MB and above
Prism Video Converter is an award-winning video conversion tool that will not only transform your videos but will also let you shrink, change resolution, edit, and preview the same all on a simple and intuitive interface. Most processes can be completed in just a few clicks making it accommodate both novice and expert users. Bottom line, you have the perfect Windows and Mac tool to cater to your media conversion needs.