Nero DVD Burner, the now Nero Burning Rom, is an optical disc authoring program by Nero AG that is used to burn and copy optical disks including Blu-Rays, CDs, and DVDs. It is commonly referred to as Nero and also boasts of label printing technology.
On top of that, you are opened up to a raft of features including the ability to print directly on discs, converting audio to other formats, erase rewritable discs, copying discs, data encryption, among other amazing features.
Nero Burning Rom has a straightforward and user-friendly interface concomitant to it and proves very easy to get started with even for novice users.
Better yet, the program is very efficient and delivers high-quality output within the shortest time possible. This review seeks to let you in on the various features that make this app tick and here is a quick summary of the pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of Nero Burning Rom
- Advanced security options – Nero Burning Rom is capable of securing your data archives using a password with strengths of 256-bit encryption.
- Reliable customer support – In the instance of any issues with the software, the Nero team is always available to expedite besides the availability of live guidance built into the software.
- Tons of features – This DVD burner program boasts of a plethora of features as outline in the subsequent sections including the support for almost any physical disc media out there.
- Cover printing – Nero DVD Burner lets you print covers for your discs without the need to seek external software.
- Limiting trial version – The trial version of Nero DVD Burner has a 100 MB limit on the amount of data you can burn.
How to Use Nero Burning Rom
Key Features in Nero Burning Rom
- Comes with a clean and simple user interface with clearly labeled functions and menus.
- Provides an easy learning curve thanks to the incorporated wizard guide that takes you through the burning task and the features available.
- Supports every CD R/RW format out there and strives to deliver high-quality output in various formats.
- Keeps in tabs with the latest DVD standards to ensure compatibility at all times.
- Both video and audio CDs can be created including BDMV and AVCHD media content.
- Nero DVD Burner performs pretty fast no matter the drive type and outputs very high-quality physical media recordings.
- Lets you rip audio from physical media (DVD, CD, Blu-Ray) with the ultimate convenience and ease.
- Offers disc ripping options that basically help you convert audio CDs to individual files soft copy files that can then be transferred to a computer, MP3 player, or smartphone.
- By using the Gracenote Technology, Nero DVD Burner is able to convert audio files and still maintain the original metadata like the song title and album cover.
- Lets you copy CDs, DVDs, and Blu Rays while still retaining the full, original quality.
- Comes with a CoverDesigner that helps you to create top-quality covers to put on the disks containing the converted videos and audio.
- Boasts of SecureDisc technology that helps secure archived data with the powerful 256-bit encryption passwords and digital signatures.
- Nero Burning Rom is capable of erasing a rewritable disc to prepare it for burning with the new content.
- Provides a live guide/tutorial depending on the task at hand in order to ensure smooth sailing for the user.
- You are opened up to the great richness of sound for burned audio thanks to adjustments like filters and automatic sound enhancement.
- Boasts of durability and readability whereby, even scratched discs will still be very playable due to the adjustable data redundancy feature.
- Offers built-in file encoding capabilities.
Nero Burning Rom supports the creation of a variety of media formats including;
Disk images, Audio CDs, DVD-Video discs, Blu-Ray Discs, AVCHD video discs, Bootable data discs, ISO/UDF data discs, SecurDisc discs
Here are the minimum requirements necessary to get started with Nero DVD Burner;
Windows® 7 SP1 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32/64 bit), Windows® 8 (32/64 bit), Windows® 8.1 with April 2014 update (32/64 bit), Windows® 10 (32/64 bit)
Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 510
At least 500 MB
Plans and Pricing
Nero DVD Burner is available for purchase at a one-off price as below
1 PC – Unlimited license (individual purchase)
Nero DVD Burner is an excellent software with amazing features coupled with top-notch and reliable user support. The one-off price is also a great value since you are getting fully-fledged software that will take care of all your disc burning needs.
It relies on proven burning technology to ensure that you have the best results when copying data, photos, videos, or music to DVDs, CDs, and even Blu-Rays.