Skype happens to support every available platform out there and consequently means that iPhone and iPad enthusiasts are not left behind in this train. Of course, it provides a reliable and overly convenient way to communicate over the internet both for video and audio calls. Making and receiving calls on Skype seems not enough since users have found the need to record their interactions for future reference or sharing when the need arises. Looking for ways to tackle the task at hand can be a headache if you have no idea of how to go about the process but you can kiss goodbye to all that as we bring you methods that you can put to good use.
In this article, we will be looking at the Skype built-in record function and at the same time feature a go-to third-party option that you can easily get started with on your iPhone or iPad. It does not end there at knowing the methods, but also you have comprehensive steps to follow to make the most out of these options no matter your level of experience. At the end of this article, you will have reliable methods to record Skype calls on iPhone/iPad that are not complex in any way at all. With that said, it is time to find out the options that you are opened up to.
Method #1: Record Skype Calls Using Cloud-based Recording Function
After almost 15 years without a native call recording feature, Skype users have had to rely on third-party software to satisfy the task at hand. Fortunately, this came to change and now Skype has a built-in recording function that has eliminated the dependency on external tools. It features cloud-based recording which means that the call recordings you make are saved online until you decide to save them locally though before 30 days are over.
Whether it is audio, video, or shared screens, Skype will record all that for you without any kind of hassle whatsoever. Of course, not all of us are conversant with how to take good command of this feature and that is why we bring you the comprehensive tutorial below on how to record Skype calls on iPhone/iPad.
- On your iPhone or iPad, place a call on Skype. This is an easy peasy step to achieve and also make sure to have permission from the other party to record them.
- Start recording the Skype call. From the interface, click on the “+” icon on the bottom-left side of Skype and then click on the “Start recording” option. A notification will be sent to both parties indicating that the call is being recorded.
- Stop the recording process. Again, click on the “+” icon referenced above and choose the “Stop recording” option. Alternatively, simply hang up the Skype call.
- Save the call recording on your iPhone/iPad. To avoid your Skype call recording from being deleted after 30 days, navigate to the recording, touch and hold the Skype recording, and tap on the “Save” option.
If you are an avid user of Skype for calls, interviews, or any other kind of communication that requires recording, the built-in recording function makes Skype a comprehensive package. Therefore, you no longer have to keep looking for third-party apps to satisfy the process to record Skype calls on iPhone or iPad.
Method #2: Record Skype Calls Using QuickVoice Pro on iPhone/iPad
Another way that you can record Skype calls on iPhone or iPad is by going for a reliable third-party app like QuickVoice Pro that has been crafted to deliver the right results. At the click of a button, you will be started with the Skype call recording process thanks to the simple and instinctive user interface this tool boasts of. For security purposes especially in the instance of sensitive information, the other party has to consent to the conversation recording.
A special and outstanding feature of QuickVoice Pro is its ability to restart the recording when the process is interrupted like for instance when you receive a phone call. Better yet, there are no limitations whatsoever regarding how long the recording can be. To realize the speed and efficiency of this app, follow the guide below.
- Set up and launch QuickVoice Pro. Simply download the app from the official source, install it, and start it ready to record Skype calls on iPhone/iPad.
- Start recording. With QuickVoice Pro up and running, click on the “Record” button to start the Skype call recording process.
- Launch Skype and make a call. Start Skype and place a call to the party of interest. It is recommended to use Skype in speakerphone so that you can navigate back to QuickVoice Pro and hit the “Record” button now that the call is rolling.
- Stop the recording. Click on the “Stop” button when the call is done so that you can now save the recording. From there, you can head over to the saving directory to playback or share the Skype recording.
You can trust this tool that ensures that the process to record Skype calls on iPhone or iPad happens without breaking a single sweat. Both sides of the conversation will be recorded conveniently and as a result, save you lots of time and effort that would have for instance been used in taking down notes.
With these options at your disposal, the whole process to track and record Skype conversions will feel just like a knife through butter considering that you have comprehensive guides featured for you here. All you have to do now is pick the one method that augurs the best with you and make the best out of it on your iPhone or iPad in regards to recording Skype calls.