In a world where working with documents has become the norm, Microsoft Office is one suite of a kind that will not fail to cross your radar. It provides a reliable and convenient experience when working with office documents and consequently has become a must-have software on your computer. Apart from the creation and viewing of supported native documents, Microsoft has gone the extra mile to load this suite with the necessary tools to help in the process to convert PDF to Excel. I believe you have already guessed it right that you are up to converting PDF to XLS by just using MS Office and no other external tool required.
To be specific, we will be taking a combination of MS Word and MS Excel to see us through a successful process to tackle PDF to XLS conversion. The only prerequisite here is to ensure that you have an active installation of Microsoft Office on your computer and from there, you are ready to learn how to accomplish the task at hand with the ultimate ease. Without further ado, let us dive right into the tutorial and make the most out of the Microsoft Office suite in PDF to Excel conversion.
How to Convert PDF to Excel in MS Office:
- Launch MS Word and open the target PDF file. From the “File” menu, click on the “Open” option, then “Browse” and from the resulting dialog box, navigate to the PDF directory, click on the file and hit the “Open” button.
- Allow PDF conversion in the dialog that pops up by clicking on the “OK” button.
- Save the new Microsoft Word document as a web page. From the “File” menu, click on the “Save As” option and “Browse” for your preferred saving directory. In the resulting dialog, give an appropriate filename, select “Web page (*.htm;*.html)” in the “Save as type:” drop-down menu, and hit the “Save” button.
- Open the saved web page file in Microsoft Excel. Launch MS Excel, head over to the “File” menu, choose the “Open” option, and “Browse” for the web page in File Explorer. Once you locate it, click on it and hit the “Open” button. In case you are alerted that the file is in use, click the “Notify” button on the pop-up.
- View and save in Excel. The webpage file will be opened for you in Excel and from there, you can either just view the file or optionally save it in XLS, XLSX or CSV format.
In just a matter of those few and simple steps, you will be able to have your PDF file in Excel format equivalent without the need to hassle looking for cumbersome and robust third-party programs out there.
By just implementing the Microsoft Office suite that we have all been accustomed to, we have been able to realize a satisfactory process to convert PDF to Excel no matter the level of one’s expertise or experience. This tutorial is comprehensive enough to accommodate any first-time user who has not tried this kind of functionality before. Consequently, you have an alternative method to transform your PDF file into an editable form all under the one roof of the Microsoft Office suite.