At a time when PDFs have grown to become sophisticated, both in form and use, one program, Foxit PhantomPDF (the now Foxit PDF Editor), has managed to keep up with all the changes.
Foxit software recognizes the need for comprehensive PDF options for a smooth and flawless workflow. It is a good program to create and adjust PDFs in a way that goes beyond what the usual PDF tools offer. Whether for personal or business use, PhantomPDF fits right in perfectly, all features in one place, and at no instance will you leave the app interface; every feature is consolidated in a single app.
Foxit PhantomPDF is available in Standard and Business editions to suit the needs of every user depending on the features required. Reliability is also a middle name for this tool as it can be used across desktop, mobile, and web platforms to cater to both online and offline use. A quick look at the pros and cons of Foxit PDF Editor gives us the following;
How to Use Foxit PhantomPDF
Key Features in Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PDF Editor has strived to keep up with the competition from products like Adobe Acrobat by delivering powerful and comprehensive features that guarantee smooth sailing in PDF management. Here are some of the most outstanding Foxit PhantomPDF features;
Edit PDF documents
Foxit PhantomPDF takes PDF editing to a whole new level by providing a range of editing options that are way more than what most PDF tools have to offer. In fact, this is the most outstanding feature this tool boasts. To be specific, here are the various PDF editing options at your disposal;
- Cut/copy and paste, move, rotate, move, flip, and delete graphics/images.
- Reformat, reflow, move and resize paragraphs.
- Add, delete, and edit (bullets, fonts, numbering, alignment) PDF text.
- Add, edit, and delete bookmarks, hyperlinks, headers and footers, backgrounds, and watermarks.
- Search and replace PDF content.
- Add Bates numbering.
- Spell-check and correct typos in a document.
- Extract, insert, delete, reorder, replace, split, duplicate, crop, and rotate PDF pages.
- Merge multiple PDF files and pages into a single document.
- Use bookmarks to rearrange PDF pages.
- Import and export bookmarks.
- Optimize PDFs through compression.
- Adjust PDF document properties like metadata.
- Link and join text.
- Insert video and audio in a PDF.
- Include image annotations.
- Attach external files.
With these and more editing options, you can always output the right PDF that fits your needs and communicates information as intended. The good thing is that Foxit PhantomPDF has given you all the features at your fingertips.
Create and Convert PDFs
When you are not editing PDFs, Foxit software lets you convert to and from PDF format depending on the task at hand as below. Through this, the source file can be opened conveniently on any platform in PDF format and the information cannot be tampered with easily.
Convert to PDF
Convert from PDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is also an avid PDF creator going by the various sources you can create PDFs from. You are also opened up to a plethora of options here letting you create PDFs from a scanner, clipboard content, template, or just create a blank altogether.
Besides, you are provided with PDF form creation and filling tools like text boxes, radio buttons, push buttons, list/combo boxes, checkboxes, and more.
Sign and Secure PDFs
When sharing PDFs, it is always the intention to have the information reach the intended audience especially when involving sensitive data. No matter how careful you may be, there is always a high chance that shared PDFs can fall into the hands of unauthorized parties. Luckily, Foxit PhantomPDF is here to get you out of this hole. There are several ways that you can secure PDFs using Foxit software including;
- Using the DocuSign feature to provide eSignature solutions.
- Removing unnecessary information like the hidden data, overlapping objects, metadata, hidden layers, comments, among others.
- Conveniently signing PDFs with your signature, either handwritten or in image format to show the authenticity of a document.
- Certifying and securely encrypting PDFs to control allowed permissions (copying, printing, editing, opening, and more).
- Adding, editing, deleting, and managing PDF passwords.
- Removing content from documents using redaction or Whiteout feature.
- Using safe mode to prevent unauthorized actions and sharing.
- Adding digital signatures coupled with trusted time stamps.
- Setting security policies.
Even with this list of PDF security options, we still have not exhausted all that you have at your disposal.
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard vs. Business
Foxit PhantomPDF comes in two versions, Standard and Business. While the Standard version offers pretty much the basic features, the Business edition is comprehensive, bringing all the extra features that are not included in Foxit PhantomPDF Standard. To be specific, here are extra features that put Foxit PhantomPDF Business at the top;
- High compression levels when creating PDFs from scanners.
- Supports creation of PDF/A, E, and X.
- Presents advanced PDF editing options.
- Boasts a special Action Wizard.
- Supports shared document reviews.
- Supports Bates numbering.
- Offers information redaction options.
- Integrates Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Supports AD RMS dynamic security watermarks.
- Offers document certification options and restrictions on permitted actions.
- Allows for document cloning and enforced tracking.
- Offer online ConnectedPDF protection.
- Integration cloud services like OneDrive and Evernote.
Going by these extra features after comparison, it is evident enough that Foxit PhantomPDF Business is the most superior.
Foxit PhantomPDF vs. Adobe Acrobat
Foxit PhantomPDF to the greatest extent matches what Adobe Acrobat delivers feature-wise and there are instances that it offers even extra features. Features aside, these programs differ in performance and this section will show just how much these tools compare.
PDF creation from scans
Higher compression levels
Superior editing options
Pretty basic editing options
Integrates lots of sharing options
Sharing options are not much
Signatures can be added to multiple files simultaneously
Documents can only be signed one at a time
Offers annual and one-time payment options
Offers monthly and annual subscription plans
All businesses settings and freelancers
Only available to businesses
Offers training and live support
Lacks live support and training
Going by this comparison, it is evident that the Foxit software poses a pretty solid competition and is therefore considered the go-to solution especially when looking at the features offered at a good price.
Foxit PhantomPDF is available in a 14-day free trial version though with obvious limitations. The trial version will give you a feel of the features offered before you can make up your mind to upgrade to the premium version that gets rid of all the limitations. Here are the licensing plans you are opened up to;
Foxit PhantomPDF Edition
Foxit PDF Editor
Yearly (Paid Monthly)
Foxit PDF Editor Pro
Yearly (Paid Monthly)
Foxit PhantomPDF is an excellent PDF editor program that not only integrates multimedia and multilingual options but also boasts basic and advanced features to suit all PDF scenarios.
With it, you can create, edit, OCR, and secure PDF documents, among other options. Ultimately, you will enjoy a powerful workflow coupled with great simplicity that cuts across desktop, web, and mobile platforms.