Converting a PDF file into the Excel format equivalent is not just a Windows thing but also is a necessity for Mac enthusiasts. Of course, the market is flooded with so many programs and services that promise to kick the ball out of the park for you but actually not all will do exactly that. This hurdle has led to the realization of this article that aims at giving you tried and tested solutions that you can go-to any time you need to convert PDF to Excel spreadsheet on Mac platforms.
We have featured the best solutions both online and offline that will sail you towards the right kind of output you have been looking for. Better yet, you do not just get to learn of one but two in each category so that you have that freedom of choice at the end of the day. Offline programs are best suited when you want that convenience of converting PDF to CSV or Excel without relying on the internet for you to enjoy the features while online alternatives help you escape the need to install PDF converters on your Mac. with that said, let us now dive in and get acquainted with the solutions that have been picked for you.
Convert PDF to Excel on Mac with Online Converters
If you are looking to quickly copy PDF to Excel without the hustle and bustle of setting up software on your Mac, an online app will be best suited to satisfy this need. Lots of tools that work online have been crafted to cater to the task at hand but not all of them can make it to the list of the best PDF to XLS converter on Mac. luckily, we have done the hard work for you to not only bring you two of the best programs but also let you in on how to work with them to achieve the desired goal.
In this section specifically, we are going to learn how to use SmallPDF and SimplyPDF as the go-to online apps to convert PDF to XLS. Let us get started.
Opiton 1). SmallPDF
SmallPDF offers an instant and accurate way to convert PDF to Excel on Mac without the need to install third-party software. It features a top-notch algorithm that ensures that the conversion process happens as expected. Pretty much all the original format of the data will be retained including table, rows, and columns that consequently means that you need not spend time editing. On top of that, the built-in OCR feature makes it convenient to process scanned PDF files on your Mac.
The process to convert PDF to XLS online is secure thanks to the encrypted connections. Moreover, you are not limited regarding the size of input files. Here is a guide on how to make the most out of this web app.
- On your web browser, navigate to the smallpdf.com/pdf-to-excel website in order to access the specific tool we are interested in.
- Add PDF file(s) by clicking on the “CHOOSE FILES” button or just drag and drop the target files in the indicated area. Wait till the upload is complete.
- Choose the “Convert to Excel” option and then hit the “CHOOSE OPTION” button to continue.
- Click on the “DOWNLOAD” button on the new interface once the process to copy PDF to Excel is done.
Hitting the download button will grab the converted Excel file and store it locally on your Mac. if need be, you can also opt to save the same file on the integrated Dropbox and Google Drive cloud services.
Option 2). SimplyPDF
Just as the name suggests, this online tool to convert PDF to spreadsheet equivalent on Mac brings you that ultimate simplicity when it comes to document conversion. Reformatting and reworking will be a thing of the past thanks to the quality conversion that this program boasts of.
It is a pretty powerful program that will recover tables, handle headers and footers, recognize forms, detect hyperlinks, merge logical tables, and even detect lists in your PDF file before conversion into Excel. It is also one of the tools that feature an OCR that comes in handy to convert scanned PDF to Excel or CSV at a whole new level of accuracy. Here is a guide on how to experience these features conveniently.
- Head over to the simplypdf.com website and pick the conversion mode of interest. Simply click on the icon with the Microsoft Excel logo.
- Import the PDF file to convert by clicking on the “Select a PDF file to convert” area shown on the interface.
- Adjust necessary options like the table merging, page range to convert, input the password if you working on an encrypted PDF file and other options available when you click the “Show more options” button.
- Start the PDF to Excel conversion by clicking on the “Convert” button. Wait for the file to be uploaded and converted.
- Download the converted Excel file by clicking on the “Click here to download it” link.
At this juncture, you have managed to convert PDF to Excel on Mac in just a matter of moments without the need for a fully-fledged software. You can now make more out of this tool by converting the other PDF files that you need to be in Excel or CSV format.
Convert PDF to Excel on Mac with Offline Converters
As much as working online has its pros, the same applies to the offline mode. This section covers the offline alternatives that you can make the most out of without the need for an internet connection unless you need to share the converted Microsoft Excel file. Unlike an online tool, an offline program can be used at any time you wish without depending on other factors like internet dependence and as a result, bring that ultimate convenience.
The programs featured here have been selected carefully for you to ensure that you have just the best when it comes to offline PDF conversion. You are going to be introduced to PDFelement and iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro for Mac and on top of that get to learn how to use each of them. It is now the perfect moment to get started.
Option 1). PDFelement for Mac
If you are looking to convert PDF to XLS on Mac and save yourself a great deal of time and effort, PDFelement is just the right program for you. It brings you that Office-like look that makes it easy to get around the interface and at the same double on this by giving you accuracy like no other. This means that the formatting and layout will be maintained as much as possible in a way that you kiss goodbye tedious editing processes.
It is one software that will fuse effectiveness, power, and beauty to ensure that you have a great experience on Mac converting PDF to CSV or Excel. To make things better, here you get a detailed step by step guide on how to convert PDF to spreadsheet file on Mac.
- Open the target PDF file in PDFelement. From the “File” menu, click on the “Open…” option, navigate to the location of your PDF file and open it.
- Under the “Convert” tab in the ribbon, select the “To Excel” option. In the resulting dialog box, select your preferred saving directory and the output format; XLS, XLSX or CSV.
- Click on the “Save” button to complete the process.
And just like that, you have transformed your PDF file into Excel and still maintain the original quality and formatting. As you can observe, the process is not complex at all and as a result, reiterates the simplicity and efficiency of this Mac tool.
Option 2). iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro for Mac
iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro delivers a ton of tools that are destined to give you that comprehensive experience in PDF management. In line with this article, our interest lies in the process to copy PDF to Excel on Mac and this program has an amazing experience waiting for you. All the functionalities are clear cut on the split pane interface to ensure that everything is easy to accomplish.
Batch PDF to CSV conversion is also included under the hood and at the same time editing is done away with after conversion thanks to format retention by this tool. Not forgetting that partial conversion is also supported on top of a built-in OCR to convert scanned PDF files. Of course, this program has a lot more for you and to get you there, here is a guide on how to convert PDF to XLS on Mac.
- Launch iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro and import the PDF file(s). Simply drag and drop the PDF file into the interface. The same method can be used when you need to batch convert PDF files.
- Select Excel as the output format. Just click on the drop-down menu at the bottom and pick the option with Microsoft Excel.
- Enable the OCR if you are converting a scanned PDF file. This is more of an optional step but you can enable it when the need arises.
- Click on the “Convert” button to commence the PDF to XLS conversion process.
Basically, these are the steps to follow to tackle the task at hand with iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro. The process is simple and straightforward and hence should not pose any hurdles on the way.
This is definitely a rich and informative article that will make the process to convert PDF to Excel feel just like a walk in the park. You have tools at your disposal covering both online and offline working mode and consequently means that you should be able to settle on a tool at the end of the day.
The good thing is that, even if you are new to these options, you are not only getting to know what the program will bring but also you are trained on how to use each of them. The bottom line, the task to convert PDF to Excel on Mac should not be a hustle at all when you have been opened up to these powerful and reliable solutions. Therefore, pick one that augurs the best with you and make the most out of it.