Over the years, Adobe Acrobat DC has proven to be the standard software when it comes to dealing with PDF files. This has been realized as a result of Adobe improving, refining, and adding a cornucopia of features that go a long way to see to it that you have a convenient process when working with PDF files.
Actually, almost any action you think of applying on your PDF file is fully supported by this program. Adobe Acrobat DC also features a user-friendly user interface that helps to accommodate first time users without posing a steep learning curve. Our interest lies in its document conversion capabilities and to be specific, PDF to Excel. It is able to support the common XLS format and even the latest XLSX which consequently opens you up to a whole new level of convenience, without further ado, let us dive right into the guide.
How to Convert PDF to Excel Using Adobe Acrobat:
- Start Adobe Acrobat DC which will land you in the home/welcome screen. Just next to the “Home” tab, click on the “Tools” tab in order to open the various tools coming with this powerful software.
- Go through the list of tools until you find the one that says “Export PDF”. Click on it to open the relevant interface in readiness for PDF to Excel conversion. Optionally, you can open the same tool from the side panel on the right-hand side.
- From the listed document categories, make sure you select the “Spreadsheet” and refine it further by picking the “Microsoft Excel Workbook” sub-category since we are interested in the XLSX output format. Make sure the radio buttons reflect what we want to have at the end of the process.
- Click on the “Select a File” button in order to browse for and add the PDF file that you wish to convert into Excel equivalent. You should be able to notice a preview thumbnail of the file once it is successfully added.
- Lastly, click on the “Export” button to start the actual conversion process and be patient for the process to finish. But before you get there, you have to define several things;
- Select a saving directory for the exported file, or click “Choose a Different Folder” and navigate to the appropriate folder.
- Give your Excel file an appropriate name.
- Hit the “Save” button to complete the process.
Once you have confirmed that the process has been completed, you can navigate to the saving directory, open the Excel file to ascertain that the PDF file was converted as you wanted. Remember, this is applicable if you did not choose to automatically have the converted Excel file opened immediately the conversion process is over.
Another thing to note here is that Adobe Acrobat DC applies the built-in OCR automatically when it detects you are working with a scanned PDF file. Depending on the size and nature of your input PDF file, the conversion time will vary but generally, this program is pretty efficient and does not take ages to deliver the output. Bottom line is that this piece of software will not pose any kind of disappointments when it comes to PDF file transformation.
As simple as that, you have just managed to transform your PDF file into an editable Excel document and you are up to apply further actions necessary. As you may have noticed too, the process does not depend on any other software or plugins whatsoever. This means that once you have armed yourself with Adobe Acrobat DC, you can sail your way to a satisfactory PDF to Excel conversion process all in a very effortless and convenient process.
The plethora of features that this program delivers ensures that you have a reliable and high-quality output in the end that does not require any form of editing. Better yet, the distinctiveness it delivers will just blow your mind no matter how robust the software may seem.