ClipGrab is an avid video converter and downloader software available on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. With it, you have a heaven of a time to download videos from popular websites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Daily Motion, among other unofficially supported websites.
Better yet, the ease of use delivered by this video downloader and converter makes it ideal for any user regardless of their level of experience. You are provided with video suggestions from YouTube on the main screen beside a search box that lets you find specific clips faster.
This review article aims at letting you in on the various wonderful features that ClipGrab has in store for you even before you can download it.
You will also love the fact that this software is made available to you all for free without any limitations whatsoever. In the subsequent sections, you will learn about all the features, system requirements, supported formats, but first, let us look at some of the ClipGrab pros and cons.
Pros & Cons of ClipGrab
- Support for popular websites – You get to download and convert videos from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Facebook, among others.
- Easy to use – This video downloader features a clean interface that does not pose any steep learning curve at all.
- Built-in search – This helps you look for specific videos directly instead of scrolling endless lists.
- Clipboard monitoring – ClipGrab checks for any links you copy just in case they are from any of the supported websites and if so, captures them ready for download.
- Free – You will incur no costs at all when obtaining this YouTube downloader.
- Installer bundles adware – During the installation process, you will have ads thrown at you making it possible to install unnecessary software.
How to Use ClipGrab
Key Features in ClipGrab
As a top video downloader and converter, ClipGrab boasts of a plethora of features as this review article outlines below;
- Lets you download videos from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, among others, and convert them to any of the supported key formats.
- Comes with integrated search functionality that makes it quite convenient to find a specific video.
- Lets you copy and paste online video links from external sources and still get to download them in your preferred format.
- With clipboard monitoring, you get to have the associated video downloaded automatically without the need to paste the video link manually.
- Apart from video formats, you can also choose to save audio-only like for instance in MP3 format.
- Lets you pick the quality to download like Full HD 1080p, HD 720p, and SD (480p, 360p, or 240p).
- Gives a reliable way to save videos directly into devices like iPads and iPhones.
- Lets you choose a preferred destination folder for the downloaded files.
- Offers support for proxy servers.
- You will be notified each time a download is completed.
- Delivers very reliable download speeds for the online videos.
- Lets you add/configure metadata to the downloaded MP3 files.
- Offer a multilingual interface to help you localize the tool to any of the supported languages to ease the navigation process.
MPEG4, MP3, OGG Vorbis, OGG Theora, WMV, FLV, WebM, “Original format”
In order to make the most out of ClipGrab, here is a rundown of the system requirements to meet;
macOS 10.12 or newer
Any 64-bit Linux distro
1GHz AMD/Intel CPU
256MB and above
Super VGA, at least 16-bit graphics card
ClipGrab is an absolutely free software to download and use on Windows, Linux, or Mac. If you are in a position to, you can donate to support the work.
ClipGrab presents an approachable experience, in the form of an extremely well-designed, that is perfect in the task to download and convert videos from sites like YouTube.
It has proven to be a force to reckon with going by the built-in search functionality that sets it apart from other similar functioning software. And the fact that it is free makes the deal even sweeter. All-in-all, you have a reliable app at your disposal to help you grab online videos and audio.