A video converter app is an application that helps to convert videos on Android devices (smartphones, tablets). Some years back, video/audio conversion was only possible on computers. However, this has changed, and Android devices have joined the video conversion industry.
With the usage of smartphones and tablets rising significantly every day, Android devices have provided portable and on-the-go means to convert videos. Of course, you can only achieve this feat using suitable video converter apps. Android’s Google Play Store houses many video conversion apps, but here are the best video converter apps for Android that you can bank on.
6 Great Android Video Converter Apps – Free Download
VidSoftLab’s Video Converter is a comprehensive video toolbox that allows you to convert, compress, and edit videos on Android devices instantly. With this video conversion app, you can convert video files into other formats suitable for almost any device or platform.
Specifically, you get quite a list of supported formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, MTS, MPG, WMV, MOV, VOB, WEBM, and more. For a more refined and personalized output, you have built-in video editing tools at your disposal.
- Convert video to video or video to audio
- Supports batch video conversion
- Allows you to set custom video parameters
- High-quality video compression
- Supports 4K and 8K videos
- Allows you to rotate and reverse videos
- Supports slow motion and video speed up (2X, 3X, 4X)
- Merge, trim, and cut videos without quality loss
- Allows you to stabilize shaky clips during conversion
- Built-in audio converter and cutter
- Supports H264 and H265 codecs
- Allows to convert video for DVD and vice versa
- Add/Remove/Replace audio in a video before conversion
- Allows you to extract specific video parts for conversion
- Direct video sharing options
Media Converter is your go-to Android app when you need to convert video formats like MP4, AVI, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and more. Besides videos, this app helps you convert between audio formats like MP3, M4A, WAV, 3GA, OGA, and more.
By default, Media Converter preserves the original video and audio quality, but you can customize the output settings to your preferences. Moreover, you get to pick a custom name and a saving directory for the converted video file.
- Convert videos preserving the original quality
- Clip/chop videos to convert just the specific parts you need
- Rotate and crop videos before conversion
- Customizable video/audio parameters (bitrate, resolution, sample rate)
- Allows you to add custom video file extensions
- Offers various preset output profiles
VidCompact is one of the best video converter apps for Android that doubles as a top-notch video compressor and trimmer. With this app, you can convert HTML5 video, MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, and other formats, besides access to video editing features. For instance, you get to merge, trim, cut, stabilize, reverse, slow motion, and crop videos to fit your preferences before conversion. Other than that, you have access to lossless video compression and batch compression options at your disposal.
- Compress videos of any size with quality preservation
- Allows you to apply fast or slow motion to a video before conversion
- Convert video to MP3 with customizable output parameters
- Crop, trim and cut clips without quality loss
- Convert specific portions of a video
- Allows you to choose your preferred video output resolution
- Boasts a built-in player
Video Format Factory offers similar video conversion features like VidSoftLab’s Video Converter. Specifically, you get a video converter, compressor, cutter, cropper, reverser, and dedicated audio converter. Apart from converting into native video formats, this app helps you tailor videos for specific devices like iPad, iPod, PS3, and other Android devices.
As for the video formats, you can convert MP4, FLV, WebM, AVI, MKV, WMV, and more. Also, you can make GIFs or extract MP3 audio from videos when the need arises.
- Offers ready-to-use video conversion presets
- Compress videos by adjusting the resolution, bitrate, and sample rate
- Trim videos to convert just the needed portions
- Offers video/audio quality upscaling options
- Allows for batch video and audio conversion
- Add/Remove audio from videos
- Reverse video clips before conversion
- Add/Remove watermarks from videos
- Shows an estimated output file size before conversion
- A built-in player, renamer, and mover
- Crop videos to hide unwanted parts
Video Converter & Compressor is an avid video conversion app for Android that supports various formats like MP4, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MPEG, MPG, MTS, VOB, WEBM, and WMV. This Android video converter app helps you upscale or downscale the video resolution and compress clips at the original quality or tweak the audio/video bitrates.
- Convert and compress videos to desired file sizes
- Supports high-quality and lossy video compression
- Presets an estimated output size before conversion
- Supports batch video conversion
- Offers video to audio conversion options
- Allows you to flip and rotate clips
- Add/Remove audio and subtitle tracks
- Supports custom video resolution and framerate
AVS: Any Video Converter is a featureful Android app that consolidates almost all video conversion options in a single app. And this means you get to convert, edit, and compress MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, and more, without seeking extra applications.
When you are not converting video to video, you can extract audio from videos in MP3 format and use it as a ringtone, for instance. And instead of unnecessarily converting the entire video file, you can trim or crop it to export just the needed content, with an option to retain the original quality.
- Convert videos with customizable output parameters
- Reduce the conversion steps using the built-in presets
- Compress videos into smaller files of the same quality
- Convert video to MP3 audio
- Speed up or slow down clips before conversion
- Allows you to adjust the audio frequency
- Join, rotate, and reverse videos before conversion
- Make ringtones from videos
- Boasts a watermark remover option
- Add or remove audio tracks from videos
- Trim clips to remove unnecessary parts
All in all, the best video converter app for Android is necessary when you need high-quality video conversion, video editing options, video compression, batch processing capabilities, a wide range of supported video formats, among other features. This review article has outlined a boatload of such apps for your Android devices (tablets or smartphones) that boast these features and more for a comprehensive video conversion process.