AZ Screen Recorder is a fully-fledged screencasting tool for the Android OS platform starting from Lollipop and above. With a simple and intuitive user interface, it will deliver handy features at your fingertips to enable you to make the best out of your screen recording tasks. Different from some other screencasting apps, this app is delivered to you free or optionally go for the premium version that is ad-free. This app requires no root privileges at all, gives you no limit in time when recording and no manufacturer watermarks.
This AZ Screen Recorder Review will look at the various features that come with this app. What features make it superior? Is it a worth go-to screen recorder for the Android OS? All these questions and more that you may have will be answered by the time you are done reading this review article. We will go deeper to cover all features to the even the smallest one.
Getting started with this app pretty simple and very straightforward. Once you have installed this app from the Google Play Store, you just need to launch it and a floating icon will appear on the left-hand side of your display with the various shortcuts that you can start the required mode to work with.
The floating sub-shortcuts will enable you to open settings, capture a screenshot, record the screen, start a live stream and even open the online library of live streams. All these are provided to you in an elegant way to avoid a boring user interface and enhance convenience.
High-quality Screen Capture
AZ Screen Recorder allows you to record the device screen at HD and even FullHD quality with an option to pause and resume recording as the need may arise. Lots of configurations are provided for the video to make sure you have the output quality of choice.
With this app, you will be able to select your preferred resolution, frame rate, bitrate, video orientation and also work with time-lapse by setting the video speed. All these options together culminate to a video of your preferred characteristics.
In case you are working on tutorials, promotional videos, gameplay or want to add your own commentary to the video, you can capture audio with the mic of choice and this app will automatically mix it to the screencast. During the recording, you can also enable touches to make sure the viewer can actually see where actions are directed.
On top of that, you can emphasize certain areas of the recording by using a real-time drawing tool. You can use it to circle or even underline on areas of interest to help the viewer understand better. A customizable countdown will be shown before the recording starts with an option to manage the process from the notification bar.
To ensure the video meets the intended goal even better, editing tools are just at your fingertips. AZ Screen Recorder avails the following video editing options to you;
- Trimming – If the video is longer than required, you can use this feature to fit it to the required length of running time.
- Cut-middle – Removes portions inside the video with just a few clicks.
- Convert to GIF – At the click of a button, this app will convert your recorded video to a GIF which is easy and convenient to share.
- Cropping – Fit the video to a resolution of choice by cropping.
- Add background – For the case of vertical screencasts, you can choose from the presets of images to make the final footage landscape.
- Rotate – You can rotate the video to fit your preference.
An extra feature when editing is that you can extract frames from the video and save in form of screenshots.
From the floating window, you can grab screenshots at the click of the screenshot shortcut. It gets even better with what you can do with the snapshot after capture. You can share the raw saved file, view its information like the storage path or delete the file if you feel it did not meet your expectations. Besides that, a wide range of editing tools are provided including;
- Adding stickers – These stickers can be either be emojis or other images saved on your device that you feel should be a part of the original image.
- Adding text – You can annotate the image with text captions of your choice.
- Cropping – this app lets you remove unwanted parts of the screenshot by cropping out those specific areas.
- Monochrome – This feature lets you remove color and share the image in black and white.
- Drawing tool – this app allows you to draw on the screenshot as need be like when you need to emphasize an area of interest as you share.
- Blur tool – This tool comes in hand when you need to hide sensitive information when cropping is not an ideal option at the table.
- Stitching – this app allows you to combine more than one screenshot to form a single image.
AZ Screen Recorder will also enable you to share live content from your device to either YouTube, Twitch or Facebook. This footage can be gameplay, a live show or any content that you feel needs to be shared in real-time as it happens.
Special Magic Button
AZ Screen Recorder provides the option for a special button that plays an important role when it comes to screen recording. This button when enabled lives on the top right area of the screen and is operated by tapping as follows;
- Single tap to pause/resume recording.
- Double tap to stop recording.
- Long press to draw as the recording continues.
In addition to the above, this AZ Screen Recorder review cannot fail to recognize extra handy features including; option to include text/logo watermark, showing recording duration, customizing the floating bubble options, show/hide the camera faster with the bubble controller, set time limit to recordings and various ways to end the screencast process. You also get to customize the output directory, disable the preview popup.
At the end of the day, you will be able to make a screencast that meets your preferences. this app has all the tools and options all in one place. Do you feel this app is a go-to app for screen recording on Android OS?