7-PDF Maker is a free PDF creator software that is both versatile and pretty easy to get around. This program does not function like a typical PDF printer but rather is a fully-fledged, pure PDF converter software for Windows. With this freeware software, you can make high-quality PDF files out of over 80 image and file formats just like a knife through butter.
Even better, you are open to choose between the standalone installer or the portable version. The portable version of 7-PDF Maker is ideal when you need to work from any Windows PC on the go or when you need not make changes to your computer’s registry, not forgetting that you save storage space.
Creating PDFs can be a hassle especially when you are not sure of how to get started. That is why 7-PDF Maker is accompanied by two comprehensive English and German manuals to get your feet off the ground so that you can make the most out of the features. Before we look at the features, here as some of the 7-PDF Maker pros and cons;
Key Features in 7-PDF Maker
7-PDF Maker only lets you convert other file and image formats into Portable Document Format (PDF) but still lays some of the most powerful features at your disposal to ensure you have a fulfilling process. The moment you decide to convert that Microsoft Office document, image, web-based, text-based, or other files into PDF, here are the perks to expect;
Convert Files/Images to PDF
Converting files and images to PDF is the core function of this software and as you are about to find out, tons of features are going to give you that comprehensiveness you have been yearning for. To be specific, here are the various features that you are opened up to during PDF conversion;
- Carryover clickable hyperlinks from Microsoft Word references like emails.
- Generate tagged PDFs that are indexed to facilitate searchability.
- Automatically convert paragraph formats into PDF tables hassle-free.
- Supports a command-line version that facilitates batch conversion which in turn saves you lots of time and effort.
- Features Sumatra PDF Viewer as a built-in PDF viewer, therefore, no need for external software like Adobe Acrobat or other PDF viewer software.
- Conversion can be triggered directly from the document directory thanks to the Windows Explorer shell integration that cuts down the number of steps.
- Features a powerful converter based on OpenOffice.org that helps to deliver remarkably high-quality output.
- Choose whether to export notes and bookmarks.
- Archive documents better with the supported PDF/A-1 format.
- Choose how images are compressed and the resolution in the output PDF file.
- Perform either full or partial conversion depending on your needs.
As mentioned, 7-PDF Maker supports over 80 file and image formats, and here is a brief breakdown of the various supported formats;
DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, DOC, XLS, PPT
SXW, SXC, SWI
ODT, ODS, ODP, ODG, ODF
SDW, SDC, SWI, SMF, VOR
RTF, TXT, CSV
HTM, HTML, XML
MML, ODF, SXM, SMF
EPS, TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
AutoCAD/Data Interchange Formats
7-PDF Maker is also at the frontline to ensure that your converted PDFs are as secure as possible. This software allows you to set passwords to restrict both access and certain permissions as you see fit.
Specifically, you can encrypt a document with a 128-bit password so that the file can only be opened by parties that have the correct password. This way, you never have to worry about the document falling into the wrong hands since no one can open the file. Also, you can restrict various permissions to a document to prevent certain actions as follows;
- Restrict document changes like inserting/deleting/rotating PDF pages
- Restrict filling form files
- Restrict commenting
- Restrict page extraction
- Restrict copying and/or text-access
- Define printing permission and the allowed resolution
With these options, you have total control of who has access to your PDFs and what permissions are allowed for each file.
7-PDF Maker is available for FREE, both the standalone installer and the portable version.
7-PDF Maker is an amazing freeware tool that will help you make PDF files out of the popular file and image formats. It works out of the box without the need for printer drivers, ghost scripts, or add-ons, making it an all-around solution. Coupling all that with the zero price tag gives you a reliable program fit for even novice users without having to dig into your pocket. Without a doubt, 7-PDF Maker is the PDFCreator you need.