mp3 audio stream rippers/grabbers
How to download live Icecast (Shoutcast compatible) radio stations
(live mp3 streams that can be played by winamp, XMMS, Zinf, foobar2000 )
SHOUTcast and ICEcast offers music of the following genres: Alternative, Hip-Hop/Rap/R&B;, Pop, Techno, Trance, House, D'nB/Jungle, Jazz, Classical, Rock, Jazz, Oldies, Country, ... You can listen to live mixes from popular club / techno / electronic DJ's around the world, various live performances and the latest and greatest tracks from the biggest artists in every genre.
- Streamripper Winamp plugin and console versions Editor's choice (Free/Windows, Unix) - You can use it to rip (copy) streams of the following kinds:
- .mp3 Shoutcast streams - the kind of streams found on shoutcast.com.
- .mp3 Icecast streams - a GNU GPL/Open Source version of Shoutcast. Both Icecast 1.x and Icecast 2.x are supported. However, UDP metadata is not supported for Icecast 1.x.
- .nsv (Nullsoft Streaming Video) streams - which Winamp TV uses.
- .aac Shoutcast/Icecast streams - the kind of streams found on tuner2.com. NOTE: Streamripper can't rip RealAudio AAC streams, only shoutcast/icecast AAC.
- .ogg streams - these streams are found at dir.xiph.org.
- Replay AV Editor's choice (Shareware - $49.90/Windows) - can record any sound produced by your sound card to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC.
Replay AV can also:
Replay AV can start and stop recording at any time you set.
- Capture iTunes mp3 radio stations (Shoutcast compatible mp3 radio) splitting and tagging songs automatically,
- Record XM and Sirius radio;
- Download Podcasts;
- Download Flash videos;
- Capture Windows Media, Real Audio/Video streams.
- Capture .nsv (Nullsoft Streaming Video).
- Cast Ripper (Freeware/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to connect to various IceCast/Shoutcast servers/broadcasters and save the streaming audio to one or more MP3 files. This program even has the smarts to save each song as a separate MP3, automatically tagging them. Cast Ripper can use multi-threads to download file for HTTP (for on-demand streams only, can't be used with live streams) and automatically parse streaming playlist files such as .pls, .m3u to acquire real URLs.
- RadioTracker (Shareware - $26.90/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to connect to various IceCast/ShoutCast compatible servers/broadcasters and save the streaming audio to one or more MP3 files. This program can split and tag MP3 songs from online radio stations. It can download unlimited number of web radio stations simultaneously (limited by your internet connection).
Radiotracker has a very unique feature: it delivers the music you've selected in MP3 format as soon as it is played on any of over 14,000 watched internet radio stations worldwide.
Download RadioTracker. It is free to try.
Buy RadioTracker at element5 for $36.90
- Screamer Radio (Free/Windows) is a free Shoutcast stream ripper. It can rip MP3 and OGG streams Shoutcast and Icecast web radio stations automatically splitting and naming songs.
- StreamHijacker (Free/Windows) is a freeware open source ShoutCast / IceCast ripping software. It supports AAC, AAC+, MP3, MPEG, NSV streams. StreamHijacker allows to download immediately and schedule your recordings. It can split and tag songs automatically.
- iRadio Recorder (AVS Audio Tools) (Shareware - $29.95/Windows) - MP3 and AAC audio stream ripper allowing you to connect to various IceCast/ShoutCast compatible servers/broadcasters and save the streaming audio to one or more MP3 files. This program can split and tag MP3 songs from online radio stations. You may schedule your Internet radio recording sessions with iRadioRecorder.
Download AVS Audio Tools (including iRadio Recorder). It is free to try.
Buy AVS Tools (including iRadio Recorder)
- HiDownload (HD) 7.x (Shareware - $39.95/Windows)- is the leading download manager that can download streaming media.
HiDownload (HD) allows you to download individual files (or lists of files) from the Web and FTP sites and MMS and RTSP sites at the maximum available speed, allow you download movies, music and mp3.
HD can record:
- ShoutCast/Icecast MP3 audio streams through HTTP - with automatical song splitting and tagging
- Windows Media streams audio and video (.ASF, .ASX, .WMA, .WMV, ...) through HTTP, RTSP and MMS
- Real Audio/Video/Media streams (.RM, .RMVB, .RA, .RAM, .SMIL, .SMI) through HTTP, RTSP
HD supports multi-threaded downloading with resuming capability
Downloading using multiple threads (especially video recording), shortens download period significantly (you can fully use your ISP bandwidth).
The free trial period is 50 days.
Upgrades are free!
Download HiDownload Pro 7.x
Buy HiDownload 7.x Pro at Avantgate for US $39.95
- Xoteck RipCast Streaming Audio Ripper ($17.95/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to connect to various IceCast compatible servers/broadcasters and save the streaming audio to one or more MP3 files. This program even has the smarts to save each song as a separate MP3, rather than saving them all as a single file. RipCast tags songs with ID3 tags automatically and it can download up to 8 radio stations at the same time.
RipCast comes with RipCast Agent, a utility that allows you to easily download from streams you find in your Web browser. It also builds and organizes your MP3 collection with an easy-to-use interface and allows you to browse for the type of music you like.
Download RipCast Streaming Audio Ripper
Buy RipCast Streaming Audio Ripper at eSellerate for $17.95
- RMBSoft AudioStreamer ($39.95/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to listen to your radio stations and record them. You can browse through the radio stations, selecting a genre and the preferred bandwidth. You can also search for stations by keyword. The recording library shows you all your recordings, sorted by Genre
or Radio station. If there's any artist name available while recording, it will be saved into the MP3 Tag automatically. Rename file(s), change or view MP3 Tag info for every file, or play the files you recorded earlier. You can also add your favorite station to the Favorites list.
Buy AudioStreamer at RegNow for $39.95
- Twins Stream Ripper (Shareware - $15/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to connect to various IceCast compatible servers/broadcasters and save the streaming audio. Twins Stream Ripper can record IceCast audio streams, making a new mp3 file for each song. You can also add radio stations to the favorite list.
Buy Stream Ripper at RegNow for $15
- Hit-Recorder (Shareware - $17/Windows) is the radio player and radio station ripper. It allows to download thousands of music files from radio stations for free. Hit-Recorder downloads up to 20 songs simultaneously. Has a scheduler, audio editor, CD ripper. Hit-Recorder can record to PlayStation Portable directly.
- RadioSure (Shareware - $9.99/Windows) - is one of the most popular Internet radio players. It features more than 17'000 radio stations in the package. RadioSure supports mp3, wma, ogg vorbis, aac+ internet radio formats. It can also download up to 10 radio stations simultaneously (To record many stations simultaneously you need to run many instances of RadioSure at the same time).
- Rarma Radio (Shareware - $39/Windows) - allows to listen to and record thousands of Internet radio stations instanteneously or on schedule. Powered by a radio directory it has everything you need for radio listening experience. Recording is available in many formats - including mp3, wma, aac and ogg.
- StationRipper (Shareware $19.99-29.99/Windows) - mp3 audio stream ripper allowing you to record up to 600 IceCast internet radio stations at one time. This program can get a list of available IceCast compatible radio stations and start recording them, creating a single MP3 file for each song the station plays. You can schedule recordings, skip already recorded tracks.
- Mp3 Stream Recorder (Free/Windows) - allows you to record live mp3 streams. It can split stream into multiple tracks.
NEWS: Replay Media Catcher 6 is now available. Downloads from more sites than ever!