Simple direct sound recording software
How to record any sound produced by your sound card including live input or microphone.
Simple direct sound recording software can record any signal produced by your sound card (Internet stream, music, audio from videogames, ...).
If you want to record music from internet radio stations or digital music services making individual files from each song and tagging each MP3 file with the name of the song and artist, see Replay Music.
- Freecorder 7 (Freeware/Windows) is a free sound recorder - a revolutionary new browser-based audio recording program, combining state of the art recording technology, ease-of-use, and some great browser enhancements. It works with any sound card, even those that don't support recording (like RealTek and SigmaTel) and even if your sound card doesn't have the Stereo Mix / Wave-Out Mix / What U Hear. Freecorder Toolbar can eliminate silence and background noises when recording. It supports all Windows versions, including Windows 7 and Vista. And best of all, it's 100% FREE!
- Audacity (Freeware/Windows) - free sound editor that can record from your sound card.
- MP3myMP3 Recorder (Freeware/Windows) - free audio recorder with scheduler and silence detection. Recordings are saved to .WAV or .MP3 format in realtime
- MP3DirectCut (Freeware/Windows) - free MP3 cutting and trimming software. Supports recording from sound card.
- Replay AV Editor's choice (Shareware - $49.90/Windows) - can record any sound produced by your sound card to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC.
Replay AV can also:
Replay AV can start and stop recording at any time you set.
- Capture iTunes mp3 radio stations (Shoutcast compatible mp3 radio) splitting and tagging songs automatically,
- Record XM and Sirius radio;
- Download Podcasts;
- Download Flash videos;
- Capture Windows Media, Real Audio/Video streams.
- Capture .nsv (Nullsoft Streaming Video).
- liteRecorder (Shareware - $14.00/Windows)
liteRecorder is an easy to use direct sound recorder. It has a built-in Audio Setting Wizard which automatically detects the sound card on your computer which is best for recording sound. You won't need to configure audio devices for Microphone recording or external audio device recording. liteRecorder allows you to record immediately or schedule your recordings. You can save a recording to MP3, WMA, OGG or WAV formats.
- Super MP3 Recorder Pro (Shareware - $29.95/Windows)
Super MP3 Recorder Pro lets you save any audio stream coming into your sound card. It automatically chooses the best recording options, and then saves the stream as .mp3, .wav, .wma, .vqf and .ogg files. Records streaming audio in many formats, including Windows Media Player, QuickTime, RealPlayer, and Flash. Can start and stop recording at any time you set. It can edit audio files as you desire by cutting, copying, pasting, trimming and various DSP effects.
Standart version is less powerfull, but costs $10 less.
Download Super MP3 Recorder Pro
Buy Super MP3 Recorder Pro at RegNow for $29.95
- i-Sound WMA / MP3 Sound Recorder 6.55 Professional (Shareware - $29.95/Windows)
- turns your computer into complete audio recording studio. You can record sound from internal or external source into MP3, OGG, WMA, WAV, APE format sound file directly without costing any other disk space. i-Sound WMA/MP3 Recorder allows you to record sound without running out of memory as long as there's enough disk space. By using WMA MP3 Recorder you can record sounds from MIDI, Internet broadcasts, streaming media (e.g. QuickTime Player, Realplayer, Games, DVD Players...) and your microphone. Your recordings can be scheduled.
VOX is a smart recording system, which means WMA MP3 Recorder has a smart silence detector to detect and skip silent snippet, and stop recording automatically. Each track of a music CD can be automatically recorded and saved individually. You can easily convert analog format of your LP records/cassette tapes into digital format. VOX can automatically record and save each track as an independent file.
Download i-Sound WMA / MP3 Sound Recorder Professional
Buy i-Sound WMA / MP3 Sound Recorder Professional at RegNow for $29.95
- Nexus Radio (Freeware - $19.95/Windows) - radio player with 11'000 radio stations. Allows recording from sound card, splitting songs automatically (if they are broadcasted properly). Allows to schedule your recordings.
- Online Radio Tuner (Shareware - $19.95/Windows) - allows to play MP3, WMA, OGG and AAC web radio stations and record them from your sound card as MP3, OGG and AAC files. Allows to schedule recordings of your favorite radio stations.
- Real MP3 Recorder (Shareware - $29.95/Windows)
Real MP3 Recorder is a sound recording program. It records sound generated, or requested, by other computer programs, such as RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Quick Time, WinAmp, and many others. Saves the streams as MP3 or WAV files only.
- Blaze Audio Power Record ($19.95/Windows)- Power Record is good not only for instant recording, but also for scheduled events.
You can set up an unlimited number of events for one-time, daily, weekly or monthly recording. The program can playback your recordings and convert them to MP3 with either Fraunhofer or Lame encoders.
- Forum: Direct sound recording software and its disadvantages
- Replay Music - Record any web radio station or streaming music service. Get perfectly separated high quality MP3 files, automatically tagged with the artist and song title.
NEWS: Replay Media Catcher 6 is now available. Downloads from more sites than ever!